Software Deadline: 26 June 2020 (midnight GMT).
The Hub at the moment invitations proposals to the primary spherical of the DEEP Fund. Right now, we’re significantly all for increasing worldwide viewers outreach for pre-existing cultural heritage and/or art-based initiatives below growth in Namibia, South Africa, Ghana, Kenya and the South Pacific as a method of sharing emotional engagements with the ocean.
The format of commissioned initiatives is completely open, together with, however not restricted to: visible artwork, performing artwork, music, sound artwork, filmmaking, animation, digital artwork, trend, literature, poetry, spoken phrase, craft, indigenous information and customary practices.
We strongly encourage proposals that transfer past artistic response for its personal sake and help the analysis aims of the Hub. Initiatives must be inter/transdisciplinary, interregional and group led or co-produced, with a concentrate on empowering ladies and youth.
Accessible undertaking funding ranges between £5,000 and £20,000, though in distinctive circumstances this quantity could also be elevated. Initiatives will likely be anticipated to final between 6 and 18 months, from commissioning to deliverables and closing reporting.
Commissioned initiatives will type a part of a closing yr exhibition, with a digital/on-line element to enrich the show.
- Initiatives should be primarily based in Namibia, South Africa, Ghana, Kenya and South Pacific island nations (significantly Fiji and Solomon Islands) on the DAC Checklist of OAD Recipients www.oecd.org
- Initiatives should be performed by people, non-government organisations, group sector teams or not-for-profit civil society.
Proposals that aren’t eligible:
- Initiatives geared toward offsetting a deficit, repaying a debt or paying curiosity
- Initiatives sustaining ongoing actions with recurring prices
- Initiatives financing everlasting working areas and/or tools, completely
- Initiatives financing capital works, bodily development or the restoration of buildings
- Initiatives affiliated with authorities companies or political events
- Initiatives affiliated with business promoting campaigns
- Initiatives which can be environmentally hazardous or damaging
Proposals should be submitted on the newest by 26 June 2020 (midnight GMT). Proposals submitted after this date won’t be thought-about.
Choice Course of
A two-stage choice course of is adopted to recognise the differential in time and sources accessible to potential candidates from our associate nations. Proposals will likely be shortlisted earlier than choice and invited to submit additional data.
Proposals will likely be assessed by the DEEP Fund Committee in opposition to the analysis aims of the Hub and the One Ocean Hub Code of Observe. The DEEP Fund Committee is comprised of Hub researchers and representatives from every area, and its choice is closing.
For Extra Data:
Go to the Official Webpage of the Deep Emotional Engagement Programme (DEEP) Fund 2020