Utility Deadline: June 30th 2020
TWAS─Samira Omar Innovation for Sustainability Award 2020
This annual award, named after the TWAS Fellow Samira Omar, will acknowledge scientists from Least Developed Nations (LDCs). It carries a money award of USD4,000 generously offered by Professor Omar. The award will honour scientists working in an space related to sustainability.
The 2020 award can be awarded to a scientist nationwide of a LDC, dwelling and dealing in a LDC over the last two years instantly previous to her nomination, primarily based on scientific achievements in any of the thematic areas under:
– Clear and renewable power
– Inexperienced chemistry
– Sustainable agriculture and agrobiodiversity
– Plastic: degradation, air pollution and microplastics
– Water purification and sanitation
– Local weather change: environmental results, methane contribution, carbon seize
– Transportation applied sciences: effectivity for good cities
– Waste administration
– Biodiversity: the sixth mass extinction, ecosystem providers, habitat restoration and restoration
– Ecological economics and planetary well being
Fellows of TWAS aren’t eligible
Find out how to nominate a scientist:
The 2020 nominations can solely be submitted electronically by the on-line platform by clicking on the “NEW NOMINATION” button on the backside of this web page.
To renew engaged on saved nominations, click on on the “RESUME” button on the backside of this web page.
The deadline for receiving nominations is 30 June 2020, nevertheless we strongly suggest that you don’t wait till the deadline however submit the nomination as early as you may to allow us to course of it as rapidly as doable.
Earlier than beginning compiling the nomination, PLEASE PAY PARTICULAR ATTENTION TO THE MAXIMUM CHARACTERS ALLOWED.
A nomination is taken into account full provided that contains all the following data/materials:
- Nominator contact particulars;
- Nominee contact particulars (self nominations are not accepted) and normal data on the nominee;
- Authorization from the nominee (i.e. the candidate) to course of her private knowledge for the needs of her nomination, in conformity to Artwork. 13 of the Italian Legislative Decree 196/2003. This authorization can solely be submitted by the web platform. The privateness authorization type is out there for obtain within the part ‘nominee’s private knowledge’. The shape should be crammed in and signed by the candidate after which uploaded onto the on-line platform;
- Advised quotation (15-20 phrases highlighting the nominee’s scientific achievements);
- Supporting assertion concerning the nominee’s contribution. Supporting statements ought to clarify intimately the work carried out by the candidate and its significance within the related scientific context. Clear reference must be made to the scientific influence of the nominee’s work. Imprecise supporting statements won’t be thought-about and can negatively have an effect on the analysis;
- Clear and detailed account of any time spent overseas by the nominee prior to now two years;
- PhD: data on topic space, yr and awarding establishment;
- Temporary data on membership in academies and societies;
- Temporary data on awards and honours acquired;
- Checklist of 10 most vital publications listed in an internationally acceptable format;
- The nominee’s transient CV and her full checklist of publications are additionally to be uploaded, individually, onto the web platform.
- The nominee’s h-index in Google Scholar and the related variety of citations.
PLEASE CHECK IF ENTERED DATA ARE VALID
1) Whereas filling within the type, take note of the necessities for every subject (e.g. most variety of characters, file kind, date format, and so forth.)
2) Run a verify utilizing the button of the shape menu to confirm that necessary fields have been crammed in and the info you entered are accepted. This additionally saves your type.
Each time you run a verify, you might be taken to the final part of the shape named “Submit”. Use the shape menu to navigate to the earlier sections.
3) After you run a verify, fields with NOT ACCEPTED OR MISSING DATA can be highlighted in RED.
Please word that upon getting duly modified the content material of a number of fields, the pink spotlight won’t disappear till you run once more a verify.
For fast ideas, please click on on: http://onlineforms.twas.org/paperwork/Applicants_tutorial.pdf
For Extra Data:
Go to the Official Webpage of the TWAS─Samira Omar Innovation for Sustainability Award 2020