Utility Deadline: June 30th 2020
The United Nations Financial Fee for Africa (UNECA) and Commonplace Financial institution Group are calling on girls fund managers throughout Africa to use to affix the African Girls Management Fund initiative (AWLF), an revolutionary impression fund that may present capital and experience to profitable candidates.
The AWLF Initiative has been established with the intention of uplifting female-owned and managed asset administration corporations and offering an outlined financial stimulus to realize sustainable financial development in Africa. The fund, the primary of its sort, goals to lift as much as $1 billion over 10 years (€910 million or R19 billion) for ladies fund managers, who in flip will spend money on high-impact companies and initiatives throughout the continent, thus driving entrepreneurship.
Having already obtained some functions, the AWLF Initiative is inviting extra functions from established women-owned or women-managed funds that take part in listed markets and short-term non-public debt.
- Below this primary section of the AWLF Initiative’s implementation, funding might be allotted to asset managers throughout North, East, Southern and West Africa. Allocations might be made with a view to attaining the very best regional and geographic diversification.
- Candidates have to be feminine, reside in Africa or be keen to relocate to Africa, and have to have confirmed fund- or asset-management expertise. They are going to be topic to an funding and operational due-diligence course of that may must be accomplished by the top of August 2020, with the primary section of the fund changing into absolutely operational within the fourth quarter of this yr.
- The second section of the fund’s launch might be introduced at a later stage and investments might be made into women-owned or women-managed non-public fairness funds. The third section will goal first-time girls fund managers by means of an Rising Supervisor Seed Capital Programme.
- Whereas the fund is sector-agnostic, it would have a choice in the direction of high-impact sectors together with manufacturing, schooling, healthcare, renewable vitality, and expertise.
AWLFI WILL BE ROLLED OUT IN THREE FUND PHASES. THESE ARE:
- Section 1: AWLFI will spend money on established women-owned fund administration corporations or in fund managers with the aptitude to tackle segregated mandates. These Managers will function within the listed house.
- Section 2: Within the second spherical of funding, the AWLFI will look to spend money on current Personal Fairness Funds, thus enabling the fund to carry a mixture of listed and personal fairness investments.
- Section 3: An incubation programme to place new girls fund managers on the map.
There have been earlier calls to take part within the AWLFI. When you’ve got utilized beforehand, please verify your software by emailing [email protected]
Who is that this for?
Section 1 and Section 2 of the AWLFI is appropriate for:
- Established girls fund managers within the listed or non-public market house who personal, or partly personal, an asset administration agency
- Girls professionals working in current and established corporations with appropriate fund administration expertise (expertise will be as a co-fund supervisor) within the listed or non-public market house
For Extra Info:
Go to the Official Webpage of the UNECA/Commonplace Financial institution Group African Girls Management Fund Initiative 2020