ABOUT WORK PERMIT
- There are ways one can get to work in Canada without a work permit.
- You can only apply for a Work visa after getting a job offer from a Canadian employer.
- This means you can be in your home country and get a job or contract and use that to apply for a work visa.
- Canada is one of the best travel destinations for oversea workers because of its leading economy and quality of life.
BENEFITS OF CANADIAN WORK PERMIT
With a Canadian work permit, you can:
- Earn in dollars and travel to Canada.
- Work with the employer whose name is in your work permit application.
- Apply for a Permanent Resident visa at a later time.
To apply for Canadian work visa, you must meet certain requirements which will be reviewed by the authorities. Applicants should also be able to convince the authorities that you should also be able to convince the officer that they will leave Canada at the expiration of their visa.
REQUIREMENTS NEEDED FOR APPLICATION OF A WORK PERMIT
- A valid passport with 6 months validity from the planned date of arrival in Canada.
- Two recent passport-sized photographs.
- Educational qualification certificates.
- Proof of professional qualifications, including work experience.
- Proof of having adequate financial resources for cover of their expenses during their stay in Canada.
- Medical examination results from registered hospitals.
- Application fee.
There are basically two types of work permit, Open work permit and Employer-specific work permit.
OPEN WORK PERMIT:
This permit allows the applicant to work in any place of their choice and they decide who they want to work for and what kind of job they are willing to do in Canada, except for jobs banned by the government of Canada.
EMPLOYER SPECIFIC PERMIT: With this work permit you only get to work for that particular employer. Some times this kind of visa also comes with conditions like the type of job and where to work and even the duration of work.
There are four basic steps to getting a temporary work visa they include:
- The employer applies for labor market opinion .
- Employer extends a temporary job offer to foreign workers.
- A foreign skilled worker can apply for a work permit.
With all the requirements made available not knowing how best to go through your application can cost you your dream of working abroad. Having a legal representative in Canada can be a big plus and will also facilitate your work visa application.
When you have all the requirements, go through registered persons who will hasten the process and help you achieve your goals. They can also help with renewal of your work permit.